In the kitchen
Carrot, orange and sesame salad
I love the colour of this salad and it never fails to bring some sunshine to the table. Incredibly easy to prepare this keeps very well so is a good one to make ahead if you have lots to do.
- 6 medium to large carrots, grated (about 350g)
- 1 large orange
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to season
- 6 tbsps black or white sesame seeds (optional)
- Japanese Tamari or Chilli Smoke Superseeds
Japanese Tamari 200g PouchShop now
To slice your orange segments begin by cutting off the top and bottom so it sits flat and sturdy on your chopping board.
Use your knife to slice the segments out of their skins so that you are just left with the juicy fruit. Remove any pips that you come across.