Is Peanut Oil Gluten Free? Find Out Here!
Most people know that peanut oil is the oil found in the peanut but that is not actually what it is.
Actually, peanut oil is a triglyceride, which is a type of oil that is polyunsaturated fat. This means it is a type of fat that does not have the unsaturated fats naturally present.
Unsaturated fats have several good properties, they make it better for us to eat and make us healthier.
Diets high in nuts and seeds contribute to:
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Improved blood sugar
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
- Weight loss
- Reduced inflammation
- Reduced cancer risk
- Chronic fatigue
Does peanut oil have gluten in it?
There are many people that rejoice in buying Peanut Butter. However, there are many that choose not to because they genuinely know something is wrong.
Some people feel that the smell is peculiar, the taste of it rotten or the texture is like glue or corn chips. Most of these people usually report that they have sources of gluten intolerances or other similar autoimmune conditions.
Gluten is the ingredient that causes these negative reactions to gluten. Peanut butter contains naturally gluten and any other grain, seed, or legume.
Therefore, if you have gluten intolerance, you cannot consume peanut or peanut butter without risking serious digestive implications. You do not want to risk serious illnesses or complications.
So, what can you do? There are two main options:
- Make your own peanut butter
- Use peanut oil
Making Peanut Oil
Peanut oil is very similar to peanut butter. However, there is a bonus and that is the fact that it is quite flexible and pliable.
To be honest, there isn’t much that you need to do to make peanut oil. You can buy it fresh from you would buy peanuts. Alternatively, you could always make your own.
Here’s how to make peanut oil:
1. If you want to make your own, then you need to start with a peanut. It is important to make sure that you buy quality peanuts. What you want is crunchy, fresh peanuts that you can be proud of.
2. Now, you need to soak the peanuts in water overnight. This will prevent any impurities from building up.
It is important to keep them in an area away from any potential sources of contamination, like refrigerators or drains.
3. Now, you just need to roast them. If you are an experienced chef, then you know that after roasting the peanuts you will need to grind the nuts. They usually achieve this with the use of a grinder.
If you do not have a grinder, then you can simply use a mortar and pestle. Simply pound the peanuts until they are very fine.
4. Now, you need to extract the oil. Again, you can use the grinder for this or you can simply use a mortar and pestle. Simply pound the peanuts until they are compressed and oil emerges.
5. Now, you will need to strain the oil. Use a sieve if you want to remove the skin from the oil. It generally tastes a lot better.
The oil is now ready to use.
What to consider when starting a Gluten Free diet
A gluten-free diet requires limits for people to avoid eating gluten, traces of wheat, wheat berries, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A gluten-free diet is recommended for millions of people with wheat allergies, reactions to wheat proteins, and who have celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that causes the body to attack its own tissues.
These people must avoid gluten or risk serious health complications. But others may also want to consider a gluten-free diet if they have irritable bowel syndrome, autism, or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
There are several things to consider before starting a gluten free diet.
- You should talk to your doctor to see if a gluten free diet is right for you.
- Determine whether you have true celiac disease or non-celiiac gluten sensitivity.
- Take into account the staple food labeling you consume.
- Consider how long you will maintain a gluten free diet.
- consider is how much fat you consume while on a gluten free diet.
What foods you need to avoid
When following a gluten free diet, you need to avoid all forms of with presence of wheat or wheat flour, barley, fried foods, wheat bread, spelt wheat, wheat crackers, wheat starch, and even oats.
This menu for gluten content which can cause gastrointestinal issues.
Some people are allergic to these gluten free grains or any grain products. So, if you think you might be sensitive to them, you need to avoid them.
However, it is possible to substitute for some of these gluten containing foods. For example, rice noodles often have amounts of gluten in them.
Therefore, if you are avoiding condiments from gluten, you can replace those noodles with quinoa pasta
Some other common delicious foods you should avoid include bread products, cereals, crackers, and pizza crust.
Also, some dairy products such as ice cream and yogurt can be difficult to find without forms of gluten intolerance.
How to prepare food for a gluten free diet
1. One way to help you get started is by learning about the different cooking methods you can use.
2. You can make rice cakes and pancakes instead of bread. You can also bake or steam fish or battered vegetables.
3. When you are shopping for healthy food products, choose low-sugar options. This makes it easier for you to stick to your diet.
4. You could try almond butter or peanut butter instead of cookie dough.
5. You can also visit an online grocery store where you can find potential for gluten free ingredients items. There are plenty of choices available for you to pick from.
And, one last tip: If you follow a strict variety of gluten free diets gluten, you may not feel well.
Therefore, keep yourself hydrated. The best way to do this is by drinking eight glasses of water each day.