A deliciously fragrant, low carb dish that tastes wonderful hot or cold.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 white onion
- 1tsp turmeric
- good pinch of saffron
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- 1 cup of water (used in ½ cups)
- First melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped onion. Stir to coat in oil and lightly fry. Before the onion begins to brown add about ½ a cup of water as well as the spices. Stir to combine. Then place the lid on the saucepan to allow the onions to continue to soften.
- Remove the florets from the cauliflower (you may also wish to chop the slightly larger ones so that you have smaller florets of the same size)and place in your food processor. Roughly chop the stalk and add this to the food processor also. (Note. You may want to process in two stages to avoid creating a mush)
- Pulse the cauliflower till it resembles a ‘rice-like’ texture. Be sure not to over process it.
- Once processed add the cauliflower to the pan followed by the remaining half cup of water. Stir to coat until the cauliflower ‘rice’ takes on a delicious yellow colour.
- Replace the lid and let steam for about 5-6 minutes checking every so often to make sure it is not burning (you may need to stir every so often)
- Remove from heat and serve. We serve ours with a sprinkling of our famous Feel The Heat Superseeds for a smokey tasty crunch!
(You can enjoy this hot or cold. It tastes delicious with sautéed puy lentils and mushrooms or as a rice substitute fro any dish. It can also be eaten cold. Just put it in an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days)