Can You Have Chia Seeds While Intermittent Fasting? Should You?
Intermittent fasting, also known as intermittent energy restriction, is a weight-loss strategy that involves alternating between voluntary fasting and non-fasting for a set period. Intermittent fasting is a no-fat daily diet that incorporates alternate-day fasting, periodic fasting, and time-restricted eating daily.
This fasting period will lead to a lot of health benefits. The other way the 16:8 works is when you fast for 16 hours and then for the remaining 8 hours, you can eat what you want. This weight loss effort can have a heavy impact on weight loss. You should make sure to get a healthy weight loss plan and not purchase one on a knockoff website.
So, can you drink chia seeds while intermittent fasting?
No, because Chia seeds contain a lot of calories per serving and will break your fasting status. But let’s pursue proper reasons as to why.
Are Chia seeds healthy?
Chia seeds are tiny, yet they’re filled with vitamins and minerals. For millennia, these seeds have been lauded as the best seed form and for their health benefits, and they were a staple in the ancient Aztec and Maya diets. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which may benefit heart health, bone strength, and blood sugar control. Chia seeds are also versatile and may be used in several cuisines. Chia seeds may be blended with liquid to form chia pudding, which has a gel-like consistency.
Chia seeds have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Chia seeds are high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, which may lower the risk of heart disease. Chia seeds contain something called Soluble fiber, which may help lower blood cholesterol levels or the amount of cholesterol in the blood that is free. As a result, your risk of heart disease may be reduced.
How can you suppress hunger during your fasting period?
- Eat foods with significant amounts of fiber. During your eating window, Varady recommends eating nuts (a good source of fiber), beans, fruits and vegetables, and high protein meals like beef, fish, tofu, or nuts. High-fiber gummies can also benefit your weight loss efforts.
- Drinking a lot of water has various benefits, one of them being able to suppress your appetite. Beverages such as black coffee can also suppress hunger.
What to eat during this 16:8 fasting period?
- Fruits such as pears, berries, apples, and bananas.
- Veggies like broccoli, cucumbers, and Cauliflower.
- Whole grains. Oats, Rice, Barley, and Buckwheat.
- Excellent protein examples are eggs, fish, nuts, meat, and poultry.
- Consume healthy fats, like fish oil and avocados.
These are the benefits for weight loss and Daily fasting.
- Hormones, cells, and genes are all affected during the fasting period. Insulin levels drop drastically in the blood, allowing fat to be burnt more effectively. The blood levels of human growth hormone (HGH) might rise. Increased levels of this hormone, among other things, aid fat reduction, and muscular growth.
- This healthy diet helps you lose weight over time. In general, this category of weight loss causes you to consume fewer meals. This fasting period also improves hormone activity, which aids weight reduction.
- In 2020, a randomized study looked at individuals who employed the 16/8 approach. On this diet, you fast for 16 hours a day and eat inside an 8-hour window. Compared to eating three meals a day, fasting did not result in significant weight reduction. After examining a subset of the participants, the researchers revealed that those who undertook the weight loss efforts lost a considerable amount of their lean mass. Lean muscle was one among them. Overall they did lose the weight they wanted and improved their cardiovascular health.
- During the fasting period, you can experience weight loss. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting can decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels, stabilize blood sugar levels, help to build resistance to stress, benefit brain health and memory, and suppress inflammation.
Side-effects of the 16:8 fasting method.
Cramps and headaches are the most common side effects. The constant craving for food and sleep disturbances. Fatigue and low energy will definitely be a side effect.